NC Broadband’s Technical Assistance program consists of an on-the-ground technical support team that is responsible for working with counties across the state to provide needed broadband expertise through the State Broadband Initiative and help NC Broadband capture local level broadband resource information.
The Technical Assistance team works with local counties and communities primarily to:
• Address the overall importance of broadband access and the benefits of broadband;
• Foster understanding of broadband coverage and assist communities with broadband plans they wish to undertake;
• Support local efforts for broadband planning including activities such as: surveys for greater granularity of information, focus on pockets of demand, broadband adoption work, or development of public access or digital literacy training programs; and
• Encourage inventories of local level broadband resources such as public access centers and digital literacy training programs.
The Technical Assistance team also:
• Responds to citizen inquiries regarding broadband service; and
• Works to engage and increase partnerships with broadband providers at the local level.
The technical assistance team is responsible for identifying funding sources to help communities with their broadband planning initiatives.
"U.S. households that use the Internet save nearly $8,400 per year."
- Internet Innovation Alliance